Free Downlod Current Affairs Latest Capsule 2017 PDF
Month Wise PDF File
(Today -GA PDF NEW) Download Here
Click Here >> to Download all in one PDF here
Q. 1. Which one is not an output device?
Q. 2. Which one works as an output and input device?
Q. 3. All computers must have:
(1) Word processing software
(2) An operating system
(3) A printer attached
(4) A virus checking program
Q. 4. The brain of the computer is called:
(1) Random Access Memory or RAM
(2) Central Processing Unit or CPU
(3) Read Only Memory or ROM
Q. 5. An operating system is:
(1) Integrated software
(2) CD-ROM software
(3) Application software
(4) System software
Q. 6. Software is:
(1) A computer program
(2) A set of instructions
(3) All of the above
(4) Only in operating systems
Q. 7. One MB is equal to:
(1) The amount of RAM in every computer
(2) 1 billion bytes
(4) 1 thousand bytes
Q. 8. The resolution of a printer is measured in:
(3) Dots per inch (DPI)
(4) Inches (diagonal)
Q. 9. Windows and Macintosh computers:
(1) Are both manufactured by Motorola
(2) Both use Intel microprocessors
(3) Use the same operating system
(4) Are not compatible
Q. 10. A computer port is used to:
(1) Communicate with other computer peripherals
(2) Download files from the web
(3) Communicate with all hard drives
(4) Connect computers together
Q. 11. Which computer is the fastest?
(1) PII 600MHz
(2) PIII 600MHz
(3) Pentium 600MHz
(4) 486 Turbo
Q. 12. Which hard disk will be able to store more information?
Q. 13. In order for your computer to play music you need:
(1) A network card and speakers
(2) A sound card and speakers
(3) Nothing more than the internal speaker
(4) A CD-ROM drive
Q. 14. In order to access the World Wide Web you need:
(1) An Internet connection, an Internet Service Provider and browser software
(2) Only Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator
(3) A modem and a browser
(4) Nothing. All computers can access the Internet
Q. 15. If you have two different printers attached to your computer:
(1) It is not possible to have two printers attached to a single computer
(2) You need to install a single printer driver
(3) You need to use application software that can recognize both printers
(4) You need to install two different printer drivers in order to be able to print to
Q. 16. Which file extensions indicate only graphics files?
(1) BMP and DOC
(2) JPEG and TXT
(3) TXT and STK
(4) BMP and GIF
Q. 17. Which Windows program do you use to manage folders and files?
(1) Windows Explorer
(2) Windows Accessories
(3) Microsoft Office
(4) Windows Control Panel
Q. 18. What is a URL:
(1) An email address
(2) The title of a web site
(3) The address of a page on the World Wide Web
(4) A communication method between computers and printers
Q. 19. Which media holds more information?
(1) Floppy diskette
(4) Zip drive
Q. 20. Which one is an email address:
Q. 21. CPU means
(1) Central Processing Unit
(2) Controlled Program Utilization
(3) Computer Programming Unit
(4) Computerized Processing Unit
Q. 22. Computers use a special code for representing letters and numbers, known as the
(1) processing code
(2) binary code
(3) CRX code
(4) integrated code
Q. 23. The main circuit board in the computer that connects the parts of the computer is the
(1) hard drive
(4) main board
Q. 24. The part of the computer that processes the information is the
(1) floppy disk
(2) CD-ROM drive
Q. 25. Which of these is not an example of an input device?
(3) hard drive
Q. 26. Processing speed in computers is measured in
(1) millivolts (mV)
(2) hertz (Hz)
(3) megahertz (MHz)
Q. 27. External devices such as printers and scanners plug into _____ in the back of the computer.
(2) expansion slots
Q. 28. Windows is
(1) a kind of operating system.
(2) a graphics display device.
(3) a monitor display system.
(4) a video game.
Q. 29. To "boot a computer" means to
(1) add extra drives.
(2) turn on the sound.
(3) turn it on.
(4) throw it out - it's outdated.
Q. 30. The hard drive in the computer is usually
(1) Drive A.
(2) Drive B.
(3) Drive C.
(4) Drive H.
Q. 31. A "byte" is
(1) found in the upper right corner of a window screen.
(2) a group of 8 bits of code.
(3) the capacity of a sound card.
(4) the part that moves on a disk drive.
Q. 32. When you click SAVE on the monitor, and there is no floppy disk in a drive, the document or application you're using is stored
(1) on the RAM chips.
(2) on the CD-ROM drive.
(3) in ROM memory.
(4) on the hard drive.
Q. 33. Pictures on the display screen (monitor) are made up of
(2) layers of color.
(4) video "packets"
Q. 34. Temporary memory is called
Q. 35. Which of these is not one of the three main functions of a microprocessor?
Q. 36. Which of these is not an example of computer hardware?
(1) video card
(3) CD-ROM drive
Q. 37. To "debug" the system means to
(1) clean it.
(2) find and correct errors.
(3) decode it.
(4) set up icons.
Q. 38. A megabyte is
(1) 1,000 bytes
(2) 1 byte
(3) 1 million bytes
(4) 1 trillion bytes
Q. 39. Formatting a disk means
(1) installing an operating system on it.
(2) setting up sections on the disk to store the files in.
(3) cleaning the disk from any dust contaminates.
(4) programming the disk so data on it can't be erased.
Q. 40. A system that connects individual computers together is a(n)
(1) operating system.
(3) tape drive system.
(4) partnered path.
Q. 41. When you use a PC, you are using a
(1) programmable console.
(2) powered calculating machine.
(3) personal computer.
(4) processing contraption.
Q. 42. VDU stands for:
(1) Video Display Unit
(2) Visible Display Unit
(3) Visual Display Unit
(4) Video Diode Unit
If you want to read all Computer Awareness Quiz then Click here
If you want to read all Computer Awareness Free study notes then Click here
Basic Computer Concepts for all - Download PDF
Note- Write your Answers about 40 Basic computer concepts Quiz for IBPS Bank Exams in below given Comment Box and get MM Topper Award.