- The National River of India and Biggest river in India is the Ganga or Ganges river.
- - Ganges
Friday, 16 December 2016
Home » General Knowledge , India General Knowledge , Static General Knowledge » Rivers in India Quiz with static GK for Bank Exams
Hello Readers. Today we are here with Rivers in India Quiz with static GK for Bank Exams series : In this article you study all about Top Expected Important GK Questions and Answers on Rivers of India as well as very very imp. static GK for Bank and Indian Geography questions for all competitive exams. Rivers in India geography quiz - Daily Attempt these type of quizzes online at meritmock.com and check how much you score.
These quiz questions and answers are very helpful for MBA entrance, bank exams, RRB - Railway Recruitment Board Exam, SSC exam, IBPS, RRB, SBI exam. You daily learn only important and exam oriented study notes, quiz and notes from our website. We also coming with rivers of india in Hindi for your better study.
You also check rivers of India article for more good study material.
1. Which is the river island of Brahmaputra?- Majuli
2. Which is the largest river system of the peninsular India?- The Godavari
The Godavari river is the sacred river of central India. It rises near the Trimbak in the district of Nasik.
3. In which Indian river is Shivanasamudra waterfalls situated?- Cauvery
The Cauvery rises in southwestern Karnataka. It flows southeast to enter the Bay of Bengal. It forms the island of Shivanasamudra at East of Mysore. On either side of the island are the Shivanasamudra Falls. The river is the source for an extensive irrigation system and for hydroelectric power.
4. On which Indian river is the Duandhar Falls located?- Narmada
The Dhuandhar Falls is a waterfall in Jabalpur district in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
5. Which is known as 'the twin' of the Narmada?- The Tapi
It originates from Multai in Betul district of Madhya Pradesh.
6. The rivers in the south of the country are - Mahanadi and Krishna, Godavari , Cauvery
7. The Brahmaputra is also called - Burlung-Buthur, Tsangpo-Brahmaputra, Yarlung Tsangpo
8. The length of river Brahmaputra is - 2900 KM
9. Which river is also know by the name ‘Sorrow of Bengal’ as it gets flooded often causing damage- Damodar
10. The Nagarjuna Sagar project is constructed on the which of the below river- Krishna
11. Kanchenjunga is situated in- Sikkim
12. State is the largest producer of rubber in India- Kerala
13. Nhava Sheva also known as Jawaharlal Nehru Port, is the largest container port in India.
14. Fort William is located in Kolkata on the banks of river- Hooghly
15. Project is built on the Chenab river - Salal
16. State is the largest producer of coffee in India- Karnataka
17. Nathpa Jhakri hydel power project is located on river- Satluj
18. Damodar and Sone river valley in India are depository of the rocks- Gondwana
19. Estuary is a place where river meets sea.
20. Vembanad Kayal is the longest lake in India.
21. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is situated at Kumarakom in Kottayam district in the Indian state of - Kerala
22. Delhi International Airport is the first airport in India built under a public-private partnership (PPP) model.
23. Jet Airways started its commercial operations on- 5 May 1993
24. The Ganges originates from the Gangotri Glacier in Uttarakhand
25. Jamuna river flows from India to Bangladesh and is one of the main rivers of Bangladesh
26. Places in India where you will find natural gas- Andhra Pradesh
27. Guindy National Park is located in- Chennai
28. The Himalayas cross five countries- Bhutan, India, Nepal, China, and Pakistan
29. Punjab and Haryana plains in India are irrigated with water from the rivers- Ravi, Beas, and Sutlej
30. Tilicho Lake is a lake located in the Manang district of Nepal
31. Tsomgo Lake, also known as Tsongmo Lake or Changu Lake, is a glacial lake in the state of Sikkim
32. Headquarters of Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) are in - Tamil Nadu
33. Periyar river is also called lifeline of kerala
34. Chambal river joins with Yamuna river
35. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is a public university in the city of Vadodara, in Gujarat state.
36. Amarkantak is also called- 'Teerthraj'
37. The Zuari River is the largest river in the state of - Goa
38. The Satish Dhawan Space Centre is located in - Andhra Pradesh
39. The Buxa Tiger Reserve is located in- West Bengal
40. Maruti Suzuki India Limited, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. its headquarters in New Delhi.
Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below!
If you like this PLEASE Share it