Important FAQ Questions and Answers Regarding SBI PO Salary:
SBI PO On Hand Salary - SBI.co.in
- Basic Pay - 27620
- Special Pay (7.75% of Basic) - 2140.55
- Dearness Allowance (presently 42% of DA+Spcl Pay) - 12499
- Total - 42260
- I have made a switch from IT to SBI PO. First of all, I would like to remove all the misconceptions in the society (which I also had before joining the bank) about job in banks:
- Its not a completely " sarkari naukri". Yeah! that's true. The govt, hols only a 60% share in the bank which is expected to be brought down to 51% in the years to come.
- The job carries a high risk because what you are doing here is real-time transactions. In IT, you run your code on test-servers and can fix a bug, but here whatever loss you cause to the bank, its irreversible and is repayable from your own pocket.
- There is a huge deficiency of staff and therefore, a lot of workload. Many of your weekends you have to stay at branches to reduce pending work. Also. its not a 10-6 job. These timings are only for the public dealing and clerical staff. As an officer, you will never be able to complete your work in that time frame, no matter how efficient you are.
- The pay is surely much better than the service based IT industry (almost 2-3 times ) but if you compare it to product based IT firms, its just comparable to them with a lesser scope for growth.Also, in the initial years of your career, its mandatory to spend atleast 3 years in rural/semi-urban areas.
- If you are a hard-working person as well as a money-minded person(salary matters types), you can surely join the bank as a PO. But, if you want to enjoy your life in a metro city, then I guess you should continue in IT. Thank you and Good luck.