TYPES OF BLOOD CELLS:
- Three types of blood cells :
- RED BLOOD CELLS- Erythrocytes
- WHITE BLOOD CELLS-Leukocytes
- Red-blood cells carry oxygen to the tissues,
- White blood cells fight with pathogens or infections Whether,
- Platelets are smaller cells that help in blood clotting
- The plasma is liquid component of blood . All the cells of blood transported by it.
- Plasma is straw yellow in colour.
- It is found 55 % of the blood and in volume it is found 2.7 to 3.0 liter in adult human.
The plasma contains ,
- Amino acids
- Serum albumin
- Sodium and Chloride
It removes waste products from body these are:
- Lactic acid
- Carbon dioxide
pH value of the blood :
The range of pH value of the blood is found 7.3 -7-4 in Ideal condition. In this condition it is slightly basic . If it is below 7.3 will be acidic and above 7.4 will be basic.
Working function of blood :
- Supply oxygen to the tissues
- Supply glucose, amino acides and plasma protein
- Removes carbon dioxide and lactic acid
- Regulates body temperature
- Transportation of hormones in the body
- Communicates the signaling of damage tissue
- Performs the hydraulic function
Q.No. 1- What is the pH value of blood?
Q.No. 2-What is the full name of RBC?
1-red blood cells
Q.No. 3-Blood is a types of?
Q.No. 4-Platelates is known as?
Q.No. 5-In which work Platelates helps?
A- transport in oxygen
B- transport in waste products
C- blood clotting
D- fighting in infection
Q.No. 6- How much plasma found in an adult human body?
A- 2- 3 liter
B-2.7 -3.0 liter
C- 2.7 - 2.8 liter
D- 2.7- 3.1 liter
Q.No. 7- What is the color of plasma?
A- pale yellow
B- straw yellow
C- dark yellow
D- light yellow
Q.No. 8-Plasma provide to tissues?
A- fatty acid
C- corbon dioxide
Q.No. 9- Blood is circulated in a body through?
C- blood vessels
D- coronary artery
1. Ans : a
2. Ans - a
3. Ans- b
4. Ans- a
5. Ans: c
6. Ans: b
7. Ans: b
8. Ans: a
9. Ans : c
Karl Landsteiner discovered blood group
Landsteiner identified the A, B, O Blood group in 1900 and awarded the Nobel
Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1930.
Alfred von Decastello and Adriano Sturli discovered blood group AB in 1902.
Alexander S. wiener discovered the Rhesus group in 1937.
Human have ABO blood group that means there are four types of blood group A, B, AB, O.
There are two antibodies and two antigens are found in ABO group.
- BLOOD GROUP –A
Contains A antigens on the surface of red blood cells and B antibodies in blood plasma.
- BLOOD GROUP –B
Contains B antigens on the surface of red blood cells and A antibodies in blood plasma.
- BLOOD GROUP –AB
Contains A and B antigens on the surface of red blood cells and NO any antibodies in blood plasma.
- BLOOD GROUP –O
Contains NO antigen on the surface of red blood cells & AB antibodies in blood plasma.
BLOOD TRANSFUSION SYSTEM | YOU CAN RECEIVE BLOOD FROM
BLOOD TYPE YOU CAN GIVE BLOOD TO YOU CAN RECEIVE BLOOD FROM
A+ | A+, AB+ | A+, A-, O+, O-
O+ | O+, A+,B+, AB+ | O+,O-
B+ | B+, AB + | B+, B- , O+, O-
AB+ | AB+ | Every one
A- | A+, A-, AB+, AB- | A-, 0-
O- | Every one | O-
B- | B+, B-, AB+, AB- | B-,O-
AB- | AB+, AB- | AB-, A-, B-, O-
Special Note :
- Blood group AB will be called as Universal Receptor and
- Blood group O will be called as Universal Donor.
Rh FACTOR IN BLOOD
- Rh factor is a protein which is found on the surface of red blood cells.
- The Rh system was named on Resus monkeys who were used in the research to make the anti-serum.
- The people who have the Rh factor will be called as Rh-positive And The people who do not have the Rh factor will be called as Rh-negative.
SIGNIFICANCE OF Rh FACTOR
Rh factor is very important for human being specially when they got marriage. Because the fetus of newly couple inherit the Rh factor from his/her parent.
- If the mother is Rh – and father is Rh+ then the child of this couple will be Rh +
- Because child can inherit the Rh factor from the father.
- But it will breakdown the child red blood cells and produce severe anemia can cause brain damage or death of the fetus (child).
d- None of these
QUESTION-2 How many types of Rh factor is present in blood group?
b- two types
c- three types
QUESTION-3 Which types of blood group can be given to AB blood group person?
a- Only AB
b- Only A
c- Only B
d- Any one
QUESTION-4 Which types of blood group is known as universal donor?
a- Only AB
b- Only A
c- Only B
d- Only O
QUESTION-5 Blood group A contains___________.
d-having no antigen
QUESTION-6 Who has discovered the blood group?
c-antoney von leuwenhok