Free Downlod Current Affairs Latest Capsule 2017 PDF
Month Wise PDF File
(Today -GA PDF NEW) Download Here
Click Here >> to Download all in one PDF here
Read our Daily Current Affairs for your Govt Jobs and All Competitive Exams.
|Mountain Peaks||Location||Heights (m)|
Physical Geography important point:
- Mercury- mercury is closest to the sun and is the fastest planet to revolve around the Sun
- Venus- It is the Brightest and the hottest planet in all
- Earth- One only known planet to possess life
- Mars- mars is known as the Red planet. Explored for life by astronomers now, as it is having similarities with the earth
- Jupiter- Largest Planet of the all solar systems
- Saturn-it is the sixth planet from the sun and the second largest planet in the solar system.
- Halley’s comet: It was discovered by British astronomer Edmond Halley, takes 76.1 years to encircle the sun. It was last seen on 9 February 1986.
- Smith-Tuttle comet- Huge comet heading on a collision course with earth on August 17, 2116.
- Distance from the sun almost 1, 49, 407, 000 km
- Total time taken by Earth to revolve around the sun: 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45.51 seconds.
- Total Time taken by Earth for rotating on its own axis: 23 hour 56 minutes and approx 4.09 Sec.
- Earth is covered 70 percent by water and 30 percent by Land.
- The earth revolves around the sun is an elliptical orbit. One complete revolution is called a year and this revolution of Earth causes changes of seasons.
- The earth rotates on its own imaginary axis also, simultaneously revolving around the sun. The earth moves from west to east. This causes day and night.
- The Earth is encircled by a gaseous cover called the atmosphere. There are various gases in the atmosphere such as Oxygen, Nitrozen, Carbon Dioxide, Helium, Argon, Xenon, etc.
- As your knowledge, Atmosphere is divided mainly into four Layers:
- The troposphere is the nearest layer to the Earth’s Surface and is up to 15 km of height from the Earth’s surface.
- The stratosphere layer is from the end of 15 Km of Troposphere, stratosphere is present till 50 Km of the atmosphere
- Lies between 50 Km and 80 Km above the surface of the Earth.
- Above the mesosphere and extend from the 80 Km to 400 Km above the Earth’s Surface. Radio communication takes place because of this Layer.
- The Ozone layer is located in the stratosphere belt of earth’s atmosphere. The basic Ozone gas structure consists of three oxygen atoms.
- Basically Ozone gas is present in the stratosphere in the form of a layer, which extend from 12 Km to 30 Km above the Earth’s Surface.
- As you know that, the ozone layer is that it protects mankind from harmful radiations which comes from under spaces like Ultra Violet radiations from the sun
- But Now-a-days this layer is getting depleted, which can make skin cancer and damage vegetation.
- The main reason behind the depletion of this layer is pollution and pollutants present in the atmosphere like chlorofluorocarbons, which comes from the refrigerator, aerosols, air conditioners and solvent.
- The earth’s surface is made up of big land masses which are divided into seven continents.
- Asia: The Asia is the largest continent
- Africa- It is the Largest desert name as the Sahara.
- North America
- South America
- Oceania (Australia): it is the smallest continent, only one continent with capital i.e., Canberra
- Igneous rocks: The Igneous constitutes 90% of the Earth’s crust
- Metamorphic rocks: Original igneous or sedimentary rocks when subject to charge due to pressure or temperature, metamorphose into metamorphic rocks like slate, marble and other material etc.
- Sedimentary rocks: These rocks are formed from the sedimentary deposit on the ocean beds, like gypsum, limestone etc.
Mountain peaks of the world:
- Mountain Ranges:
|Name of the mountain||Continent|
|Name of Mountain||Continent||Height (In meters)|
Important Water Sourse of the world:
|Caspian (also known as the Caspian sea)||Iran, Azerbaijan, Russia and Kazakhstan|
|Superior (it is the largest water Lake of North America)||USA/Canada|
|Titcaca (it is the highest lake in the world)||South America|
Most Important Canals (Shipping):
|Name of Canals||Features||Location|
|Panama Canal||Its link the Pacific and the Atlantic||Central America|
|Suez Canal||Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea||Egypt|
|Kiel Canal||Between Baltic Sea and North America||Germany|
Important Rivers of the World:
|Name of the River||Length||Location|
|Hwang Ho||4840||China, Asia|
|Indus||3180||India, Pakistan, Asia|
|Danube||2820||Austria, Hugary, Europe|
Important World cities on river bank:
|Name of city||Name of River|
An important Indian cites with river banks:
|Name of city||Name of River|
|Allahabad||Ganga and Yamuna|
IBPS PO and Clerk Computer-Knowledge-Question-Bank pdf