What is a computer?
Hardware vs. software
What are the different types of computers?
Most desktop computers are easy to upgrade and expand or add new parts. Another benefit of desktop computers is their cost. If you compare a desktop and laptop with the same features, you will most likely find that the desktop is less expensive.
Other types of computers
- Mobile phones: Many mobile phones can do a lot of things computers can do, such as browsing the Internet and playing games. These phones are often called smartphones.
- Game consoles: A game console is a specialized kind of computer that is used for playing video games. Although they are not as fully featured as desktop computers, many newer consoles allow you to perform nongaming tasks like browsing the Web.
- TVs: Many TVs now include applications—or apps—that let you access various types of online content. For example, you can view your Facebook News Feed or watch streaming movies on Netflix.
PCs and Macs
- PC: This type of computer began with the original IBM PC that was introduced in 1981. Other companies began creating similar computers, which were called IBM PC Compatible (often shortened to PC). Today, this is the most common type of personal computer, and it typically includes the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Mac: The Macintosh computer was introduced in 1984, and it was the first widely sold personal computer with a graphical user interface, or GUI (pronounced gooey). All Macs are made by one company, Apple Inc., and they almost always use the Mac OS X operating system.
- IBPS SO Exam : Introduction of Data Base Management Systems
- Computer Networks (Basics) for IBPS IT Officers Exam
- The Transaction Management - IBPS Specialist Officers Study Materials
- Computer Notes for IBPS Po , IBPS Clerk, And Other Exams : Important Short cut Keys
- Computer Notes 2015 – Important Computer Extensions
- Computer Important abbreviations : Computer Study notes material for Competitive Exams
- Bank Jobs IBPS Free Study Material : Input and Output - computer notes